The Mission of NEARI Retired
The National Education Association Rhode Island Retired (NEARI-R), an organization of the National Education Association, advances and promotes NEARI programs for retired members.
To accomplish this, NEARI Retired:
- Provides opportunities for NEARI members to continue their membership and involvement after retirement.
- Provides opportunities for education and public employees not previously members to become involved in NEARI following retirement.
- Establishes opportunities for retired members to address and pursue issues of common concern, create avenues to safeguard and strengthen retirement benefits, and provide forums for information sharing and social interaction.
- Creates ways for NEARI Retired members to join with NEARI in efforts to build support for public education and achievement of NEARI objectives.
- Works to elect pro-education candidates to public office and helps lobby for NEARI legislative issues.
- Assists NEARI in the promotion, improvement of instruction, and advancement of teaching and learning in Rhode Island.
NEARI Retired Activities
Throughout the year, NEARI Retired sponsors luncheons, workshops, trips, and more. For program information, contact Cheryl Hawes at 463-9630 or CHawes@nea.org.
For information on joining, call 463-9630, or email RMuncey@nea.org.
2011-12 NEARI Retired President
147 Nausauket Road
Warwick, RI 02886