NEARI will be hosting the March Institute on March 10-11, 2017, at Whispering Pines Conference Center on the URI Alton Jones Campus
. The March Institute is designed to help local and new/emerging leaders develop strategies to strengthen their locals. All costs of the Institute are covered by NEARI.
This year there will be two tracks; one for new/emerging leaders and one for advanced leaders.
Generally, new/emerging leaders may:
- Have little or no organizing experience or training
- Are new to a leadership position and/or are building representatives
- Are ready to take the next step in union involvement.
Advanced leaders may:
- Have some experience and training in organizing
- Have attended previous NEARI March Institutes or NEA's Northeast Institute
- Have been in a union leadership position for a few years
- Are ready to take the next steps to explore issues in more depth.
The Institute is an overnight retreat-style learning experience. Participants will be expected to arrive Friday afternoon and stay through the last session on Saturday at 5pm. Accommodations are two attendees per room. Check-in at Whispering Pines begins at 3:00 p.m. on Friday afternoon.