Open Position - Member Data Organizer
The National Education Association Rhode Island (NEARI) is a union and professional organization with a proud history of serving Rhode Island since 1845. NEARI is 12,000 members strong; we are classroom teachers; education support professionals; higher education faculty, staff, and graduate students; municipal and state workers; and retirees. We are affiliated with the National Education Association (NEA) and the RI AFL-CIO. We are located at 99 Bald Hill Rd. in Cranston, RI
The NEARI Member Data Organizer is an office support staff position that will focus on maximizing outreach and communication to our membership through data cultivation, management, and utilization. While supporting the UniServ field team, the membership coordinator, and the Government Relations Director, the Member Data Organizer will work closely with the Business Manager and the Communications Director to refine reporting and target messaging.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilize membership lists for digital communications. Receive feedback from members to determine engagement using NGP/VAN and NEA360, a Salesforce product. Survey members for wants/needs with ARP funding
- Develop ways to track engagement on NEARI applications using communications/messaging. Develop lists for groups who want similar uses for ARP funding and opportunities for funding
- Use existing lists to target messaging more effectively to specific groups. Messaging should be updated depending on selections for funding use
- Assist Communications Director in drafting news releases and social media message development and creation
- Develop engagement lists (‘heat maps’) for individual buildings and locals. Develop reports that show which buildings contain which choices for funding priorities.
- Coordinate with Uniservs, the field staff that provide direct services to members of a bargaining unit, to craft and run reports useful for organizing. Highlight policy successes and how a member’s engagement helped bring about that change.
- Collaborate with local leaders to develop reports that will be useful for organizing. Develop reports to use for non-members to show how being a member could have leveraged their voice.
- Work with Government Relations Director to assist in political targeting/VAN turf-cutting for message-based political outreach and communication.
The preferred candidate will have a four-year degree in data science, marketing, political science, communications, or a related field.
- Able to obtain and organize information from a variety of sources
- Capable of problem solving and developing relationships
- Ability to quantify information and leverage technology to use results for outreach and communication
- Strong written communication skills
- Database management experience
- Knowledge of NGP/VAN is a plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce products is a plus
Salary commensurate with experience
Health Insurance and Benefits
Interested parties should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This position shall remain open until filled.
PDF of Job Description