2021 Open Officer Positions
Elections open for NEARI officers
At the annual NEARI Delegate Assembly meeting on Monday, May 17, 2021, delegates will vote for NEARI officers in the regular biennial election. The positions open are:
- Vice President
- Assistant Secretary
- Assistant Treasurer
- Area Vice Presidents:
- Region I (teacher locals in Barrington, Bristol-Warren, East Providence)
- Region II (teacher locals in Jamestown, Little Compton, Middletown, Newport, Newport Special Ed., New Shoreham, Portsmouth, Tiverton)
- Region III (teacher locals in Chariho, Narragansett, South Kingstown, Westerly)
- Region IV (teacher locals in Burrillville, Cumberland, Davies Career and Technical High School, RI School for the Deaf, Smithfield, North Smithfield)
- Region V (teacher locals in East Greenwich, Foster, Glocester, Ponaganset, Exeter-West Greenwich, North Kingstown, Scituate)
- Higher Education (all higher education locals with the exception of ESP)
- Higher Education ESP (all higher education ESP)
- K-12 ESP (all K-12 education support professionals and para-professionals)
- State, Municipal, Retired Personnel (all locals in these categories)
DEADLINES TO KNOW:
By March 1, 2021
Candidates must declare their intentions in writing to Executive Director Bob Walsh. Declarations may be emailed to Bob directly at email@example.com, hand delivered, or mailed to NEARI offices at: 99 Bald Hill Rd. Cranston, RI 02920
If after nominations close there are no declared candidates for a particular office, a member or members may be nominated from the floor of the Delegate Assembly.
Candidates may submit a statement and/or photograph for public posting prior to the May election.
By April 1, 2021
Candidates may deliver adequate copies of an election flyer/brochure to the NEARI office to be mailed to all delegates at the candidate’s expense.
Candidates may request from the Elections Committee one set of mailing labels for all delegates.
No portion of dues money collected at the state, local, or national level shall be used to promote the candidacy of any individual.
Election of statewide officers shall be by a majority of delegates voting at the May Delegate Assembly. Election of Area Vice Presidents shall be by delegates present who are part of each region or constituency group.