Now, the fun begins
You will receive a newsletter from NEARI and the NEA Today magazine specifically for retirees. NEA and NEARI Member Benefits offer discounts on a myriad of services and products, including a NEARI Retired Delta Dental and Blue Chip supplemental health, and NEA Long Term Care Insurance. You may choose to become involved in state and national political action committees that represent your interests in areas such as pensions, Medicare, and Social Security.
On the social side, NEARI Retired sponsors luncheons, workshops, trips, and more throughout the year. For program information, contact Cheryl Hawes at 401-463-9630 or CHawes@neari.org.
The Mission of NEARI Retired
The National Education Association Rhode Island Retired (NEARI-R), an organization of the National Education Association, advances and promotes NEARI programs for retired members.
To accomplish this, NEARI Retired:
- Provides opportunities for NEARI members to continue their membership and involvement after retirement.
- Provides opportunities for education and public employees not previously members to become involved in NEARI following retirement.
- Establishes opportunities for retired members to address and pursue issues of common concern, create avenues to safeguard and strengthen retirement benefits, and provide forums for information sharing and social interaction.
- Creates ways for NEARI Retired members to join with NEARI in efforts to build support for public education and achievement of NEARI objectives.
- Works to elect pro-education candidates to public office and helps lobby for NEARI legislative issues.
- Assists NEARI in the promotion, improvement of instruction, and advancement of teaching and learning in Rhode Island.